Monday, April 25, 2005

halong bay


halong1
Originally uploaded by douglasnz.
24th of April was my birthday and was spent in beautiful halong bay. We got this great deal for sailing around on a big wooden cruiser, with kayaking trips of around all the little islands, some with beaches, others with little jungle treks.

Had the funniest birthday party, with our tipsy tour guide trying to get german businessmen to sing songs to me for my birthday and to share "nice communications" . Everyone looked terrified as he was really persistent, so I eventually got a round of "When I'm 64" and that seemed to appease him.

This photo of us was taken after a major race to kayak to an island with a pagoda at the top in time for sunset. Hence we both have a fairly healthy glow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home